20 Minute Vegan Meatballs
These 20 minutes vegan meatballs can be paired with marinara sauce, barbecue sauce, some delicious pineapple jerk glaze, and so much more. Just because we are cooking plant-based food, doesn’t mean that we should be hours in the kitchen. Making recipes with endless amounts of ingredients. I for one, like to cook simple recipes that taste delicious. These 20 minute vegan meatballs do just that.
I’m using beyond plant-based meat, but impossible plant-based meat could also be used. You can also use plant-based beyond burgers and use that as the plant-based meat. The reason we are using these plant-based meats, is because the store-bought plant-based meats bind together really well. Do not use plant-based crumbles or beef grounds for this recipe, because you will have a hard time getting the meatballs to bind together. You’ll end up with a crumbly mess on your hands.
Marinara sauce: of course you can make these with marinara sauce as a recipe calls for. You can use store-bought marinara sauce, or your own homemade marinara sauce if you choose.
Barbecue sauce: you can slather these with barbecue sauce and eat them just like that or you can put barbecue sauce on them, place them inside of a cast-iron skillet put them into the oven and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. For a really nice rich barbecue meatball.
The perfect appetizer
These 20 minutes we can meatballs placed onto toothpicks, are perfect for serving as appetizers. Especially if you use different sauces.￼￼
20 minute vegan meatballs
- 1 pound Beyond Beef plant based
- 1/4 cup agua fava
- 1/4 cup non-dairy Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs no canned
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 32 oz jar marinara sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except for sauce, “beef”and oil. Mix well.
- Add in the Beyond beef, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Form the mix into approx. 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Add olive oil into a skillet on medium high heat and once heated add in the meatballs and brown for 3-4 minutes per side. (two sides)
- Remove meatballs from heat and and set aside. Add the marinara sauce into a sauce pan, on medium heat. Put meatballs into the sauce and cover and cook for 15 minutes. Making sure to occasionally move meatballs slightly to prevent any sticking.
- Once the meat balls are done, serve as you wish and ENJOY!