Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Bites
I have a few sleeves full of fritter recipes. It must be the Caribbean . I tend to make fried food quite often so I decided to make this one a baked style fritter. It is just as delicious as the fried version and holds together really nicely. Not to mention this recipe, includes a delicious sauce. You can’t have a fritter style dish, without a sauce. You just cant!
Can I fry these?
If you want to fry these Broccoli Cheddar Bites “fritters”, you definitely can! You would just fry these like you would fry French fries, or any other fried food. Heat up some vegetable oil, or other natural oil. Such as, canola oil, or corn oil, just avoid using oils like olive oil, or other oils which burn at high heat. You will end up with a smokey mess. Fry the fritters until golden brown and then place onto a paper towel, to absorb excess oil.
What goes into these baked fritters?
Broccoli Florets: Broccoli is the main ingredient in these fritters.
Vegan Mayo: Works as a binder and adds some needed fat.
Agua fava: This is the water from a chickpea can and this is used in place of the egg, as a binder.
All Purpose Flour: Also serves as a binding agent, as it glues everything together.
Seasoning: Seasoning is also added for flavor, of course.
How to make the sauce?
For the yummy pink sauce you will need the following ingredients…
Chili garlic sauce
Ground black pepper
All you have to do is mix all of those ingredients together and you end up with a delicious dipping sauce for these fritters. This sauce also goes great with a lot of things, like fries, tator tots and even sweet potatoes.
Broccoli Cheddar Bites
- 1/2 broccoli head/florets finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup agua fava
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- If using conventional oven preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all broccoli bites ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- Oil hands to prevent sticking and form small patties with the mixture to create the broccoli bites.
- For air fryer
- Place patties in a lightly oiled air fryer pan at 350F. for 20 minutes.
- For conventional oven
- Place patties onto a parchment paper cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the broccoli bites are baking prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside until the broccoli bites are done baking.
- Remove from oven dip or drizzle broccoli bites in sauce and ENJOY!