Vegan chocolate cake
WOW! This vegan chocolate pecan cake is a game changer. You never had delicious vegan chocolate cake until you have this cake here. It’s so easy to make, and what your left with is a dream cake that you want to share with everyone, to show how good it taste, but you want to share with no one because you don’t want it to run out. What a conundrum, lol!
This recipe contains pecans, but if you are allergic you can just skip those. You can also just skip them if don’t have them on have or simply want a basic chocolate cake it will be delicious either way!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Pecan Cake
1. Easy This recipe is so easy to make, it’s practically fail proof. I messed it up one time and that was only because I was in a rush and tried cutting it in half across to frost the middle while it was still warm. It’s crumbled everywhere. NOTE: Allow it to cool down compleeetely!
2. Chocolatey When I was naming this cake I was very close to naming it “double chocolate cake because it’s so chocolatey. The cake is chocolate, the filling is chocolate, and the icing is chocolate.
3. Omnivore Aprroved Every non vegan who has eaten this chocolate cake has loved it! I mean truly loved it, because it doesn’t taste vegan in the slightest. It has all the beautiful and delicious qualities of a regular chocolate cake.
Not Nuts About Nuts?
That’s fine you don’t have to add the pecans into the recipe and if you remove them, you don’t have to worry about adding anything back in, in it’s place. The recipe will still work as it’s intended and you will still end up with a delicious chocolate cake. There are many cake recipes that can not be tweaked, but removing the pecans in this recipe, or even swapping it out for walnuts, or pistachios will work out perfectly.
Ps. Pistachios is my next favorite nut for this recipe!
Chocolate Pecan Cake
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or your favorite nut
- 4 tbsp non dairy butter softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk approx
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Add cake mixture into a round greased cake pan.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and slice cooled cake in half, using a serrated knife to frost as two layers.
- For the frosting
- In a mixing bowl, add soften non dairy butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder, and mix until everything is well blended. Add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until you reach a spreadable frosting consistency.
- Add frosting to the first layer of the cake and layer the second layer of the cake and frost that. Garnish with a sprinkle of pecans over top and all that is left now is ENJOY!