Easy Potato Soup￼
This easy potato soup is so tasty, flavorful and comforting. Perfect for a chilly day or when you need a hug, this recipe will make you feel that way. Yes, it’s that type of comforting food.￼
The reason I came up with this recipe is because I was going through some childhood memories in my brain’s file cabinet. When I came across a food memory, go figure it’s almost as if all I think about is food. Oh well, that’s just how my brain works. Anyway, I remember being in the hospital, As I was a lot as a child due to asthma and other asthma related issues. I loved hospital food, believe it or not.￼￼ ￼
I’m not sure if I had just gotten used to hospital food, but all the food was fantastic to me. One dish in particular that I would always get whenever I would see on the menu was the creamy potato soup. It was so delicious, I just couldn’t understand how they made a soup with just potato so delicious and so creamy. After coming across this recipe in my brains file cabinet, I decided to make something similar. I wasn’t going for the exact soup I had in the hospital, because I was also inspired by a couple other soups that I had seen around.￼￼
Anyway, I got into the kitchen as I usually do. Grabbed a pot, threw in a bunch of things and out came this delicious potato soup is what came that. I love creamy soups, another favorite of mine is a nice creamy broccoli soup￼. You can eat this with crackers served over rice, or eat it with some bread.￼ however you choose to eat this soup, it will be delicious. So have fun make it your own and enjoy!
Easy Potato Soup
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tbsp oil your choice for sauteing
- 14 Small potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp sage powder
- 4 cup unsweetend almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast Optional
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 oz button mushrooms chopped
- In a large stock pot, add in oil, carrots, mushrooms, and onions. Cook on high heat until the onions become translucent and a bit color develops on the veggies, about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the onions and carrots bring heat down to medium high and add in the minced garlic. Mixing around the garlic only, cook for about 1 minute or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Mix all the veggie together and add in the potatoes, vegetable broth, and the spices.
- Mix and bring to a boil. Once boiling, bring down to a simmer and cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar to prevent boiling over.
- Check potatoes for tenderness and stir every 5 minutes until the potatoes become very soft. This should take about 25 minutes at a simmer.
- Once potatoes have softened sufficiently carefully remove about 4 cups of potatoes and set aside.
- With an emolsion blender or a regular blender blend all of the remainding mixture in the pot.
- Once all is blended add in milk and salt to taste