Easy Vegan Cupcakes Recipe
This easy vegan cupcake recipe is awesome because you can use it as a base and customize the toppings. You can add a filling or just keep them as is. They are delicious no matter how you have them.
I remember eating a lot of booked cake growing up because my mom wasn’t much of a baker. She loves to cook but baking is not her thing. For a while baking wasn’t my thing either. It was when I started viewing baking as a science that I started enjoying baking. You see I love science and baking is basically just kitchen science. If you think about it, in chemistry you need to add the perfect amount of one ingredient to the other perfectly measured ingredient in order to obtain the perfect results.
I was doing it all wrong! I am a cook first, as opposed to a baker so I was in the habit of simply eye balling everything. When I started baking I carried that habit over and use to either eyeball ingredients or just measure things wrong. I would use a tea cup or a mug to roughly measure a cup and actually table spoons for measuring, haHA!
My stuff would just never turn out right and it was so frustrating that I just resorted to just not baking at all and if I did bake it would be some sort of boxed pre measured fail proof thing.
Martha Stewart saved my baking…
It just click for me one day when I was watch Martha Stewart. She said in her fancy lovely voice that makes everything sound like English french. “When you’re baking you have to make sure to measure everything precisely, otherwise it will not turn out well.”. She was using a spoon to add flour into a measuring cup. Then she used a butter knife or something fancy to remove the excess from the top.
I know it sound ridiculous that one sentence was all it took for that lightbulb to go off and get me back into baking. But sometimes one sentence is all it take to spark an “aha” moment! Years later this easy vegan cupcakes recipe was created!
Easy vegan cupcakes | Classic
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil any flavorless oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients until all combined. In a separate bowl mix, the wet ingredients until combined. Then add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and with a hand mixer or stand mixer mix until all the ingredients are just incorporated. DO NOT over mix, or you cupcakes will come out hard. You can also at this point fold in sprinkles, if you like.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners and add cupcake batter to each liner. Fill just a tad less then half way up. Then place in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Once cooked let cool before frosting.
- For the frosting mix together all frosting ingredients in a stand mixer or stand mixer until all the ingredients are very well incorporated. Scrap down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything get mixed in. Once all is mixed well you can add the food coloring of your choice and frost your cupcakes. All that is left to do now is ENJOY!