Lemon Parsley Vegan Burger
These lemon parsley vegan burger are awesome! ￼When talking about burgers I always have to point out the fact that I’ve always been a burger girl. Before becoming vegan I was one of those people who would always say I could never go vegetarian because I love burgers too much. I was that person who went into a restaurant and either got pasta or a burger, every single time.￼
What is there not to love about a well prepared delicious burger? In this recipe I am using beyond burgers to create the burger patties but you can also use impossible meat if you like. The reason I am using these plant-based meats is because of how well they stick to each other, so it makes filling them a lot easier.￼
I got the idea of filling these patties from my son who suggested I made stuff sliders, which you could totally make from this recipe if you want to go with something smaller and all you have to do is adjust the size of the burger patties. However, I know I wanted something hearty and bigger, so I went with these full sized lemon parsley vegan burger. I have been putting off making these for so long. I finally got around to it and I’m so glad I did in fact, I don’t even know why I was sitting on this idea for so long.
The sauce is another thing that I have been wanting to make for a long time and I got the idea of lemon parsley from a cake recipe actually and I wanted to turn that idea into a sauce. The combination of lemon and parsley in a sauce for a burger is perfect because it gives just the perfect amount of acidity and brightness!
This is a perfect summer burger but we are we kidding you can eat this any time of year!￼
Cheese Stuffed Burger w/Lemon Parsley Sauce
- 1 beyond burger thawed
- 1 burger bun
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp vegan cheese that melts
- 1 sprig rosemary optional
- A few slices of onion optional
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- pinch salt and pepper or to taste
- Season thawed burger with seasonings.
- Split burger in half and mold one half into a patty, making a small indent in the center for the cheese to be added. Add cheese to center and place aside.
- Mold the other half of the burger into a patty shape as well, and place over the patty which has the cheese and for the whole thing into a patty. Making sure to keep the cheese inside the burger.
- Add oil into a pan and heat to medium high heat.
- Add the patty and cook for approx. 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- While the patty is cooking make the sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or cup.
- Remove burger and add to bun.
- Place onions in the hot oil and cook until translucent.
- Add onions over top of burger along with the sauce top the bun and ENJOY!