These vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are so chewy, soft, and delicious! With raisin in every awesome bite. These are sure to please. And there is nothing vegan tasting about them!
I made these the other day and my kids went crazy for them! Here’s the thing, I tend to test and make my blog recipes really early in the morning, because I like to get things out the way early. You see, I’m a morning person and after about 1-2pm I start losing focus really bad. Anyway, I made these before even making breakfast the other day because I got up before the kids, but they were woken up by the smell of baking oatmeal raisin cookies. Who, can me mad at that though right?
They woke up all wide eyed, and bushy tailed, scrubbing their little eyes and asking “What is that delicious smell?. They proceeded on to asking for some cookies and as you remember they had not eaten breakfast yet. But it was Saturday and isn’t oatmeal raisin cookies the same has eating oatmeal for breakfast? 😋 Anyway, I caved and said yes as a little pre breakfast snack. I don’t have a sweet tooth and I even enjoyed a few.
These are very kid friendly and also, easy to make.
Why You’ll Love These Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1. Chewy Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love a crunch cookie, especially a crunchy sugar cookie, but these chewy oatmeal cookies are so perfect, that even a non chewy cookie lover will fall in love!
2. Raisins These cookies have lots of raisins, so you get some in every bite. It’s the worst, when you have a oatmeal raisin cookie, or chocolate chip cookie, with barely any raisins or chocolate chips. Like, who made these things!? 😆
3. Portions With this cookie batch you can make 24 cookies by making them 1 tablespoon scoop size, or make 12 big ones by using 2 tablespoon scoop size for the cookies.
Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temp
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup raisins you can also use 1/3 cup of the following instead. Craisins, chocolate chips, or *white chocolate*.
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugars together by mixing well until combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Then add in the all purpose, oats, baking soda, baking powder and mix until everything is combined.
- Add in almond milk, raisins, and salt. Mix until just combined, do not over mix!
- Form 1-2 tablespoons of cookie dough (1 tablespoon for 24 smaller cookies and 2 tablespoons for 12 large cookies) into balls and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 17-20 minutes or until the edges become slightly golden. The center of the cookies will still look soft.
- Allow cookies to completely cool and Enjoy!