Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes ￼
Who needs pineapple upside down cake, when you can make pineapple upside down pancakes for breakfast?￼
Throw on a lei (flower garland necklace), make some pineapple upside down pancakes and pretend you’re in Hawaii for breakfast. Seriously though, sometimes using a little bit of imagination can make things more fun. As cheesy as it sounds, I often make different cuisines and I will pair dinner music with the origin of the cuisine. On taco Tuesdays for example, will listen to some Mexican music.￼￼￼￼
If we are having something New Orleans inspired, I will gladly listen to some blues., Which I absolutely love by the way. Especially Christmas blues music￼. Quick little fact there, ha ha sometimes I like to sneak those in. ￼
OK well, I let my ADD get the best of me while writing again! Back to the topic at hand, these pineapple upside down pancakes are actually really fun to make. You’re making just a basic simple pancake recipe and then you’re adding some canned pineapple rings onto the pancake mix, which is already cooking.￼
Other than, them being fun to make they’re so delicious to enjoy once they’re made, not to mention how delicious they make your place smell. It really, smells like you were baking pineapple upside down cake. These with a nice drizzle of maple syrup, oh boy! You have no idea what you were missing.
Why you’ll love these pancakes?
-You got pineapple in every single bite.￼￼￼
-These are super easy to make and not any harder than making regular pancakes, but definitely more tasty.
-Little kiddos love these pineapple upside down pancakes, so yes they are definitely kid friendly.￼
-You can carb one craving with this one easy quick recipe instead￼. Craving for a pineapple upside down cake that is.￼
Can I use different fruits instead?
Yes of course, you can add raspberries, strawberries, mango, blueberries. I actually already have a very delicious blueberry pancake recipe here. ￼
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Can of pineapple slices or fresh
- Marachino Cherries optional
- In a large bowl, mix all you dry ingredients. Then add your wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a lightly greased, non stick pan at medium high heat add in a slice of pineapple and allow to become golden brown, flip and repeat to other side.
- Lower heat to medium. Add 1-2 marachino cherries to the center of the pineapple slice, and pour your batter 1/4 cup at a time, over the pineapple slice and cherry. Cook about 3 minutes per side. Flip CAREFULLY when the pancake comes of the pan clear without any sticking.
- Continue making the pancakes until all the bater is used up. Serve witha drizzle of maple syrup and a piece of butter (optional) and ENJOY!