Tahini Roasted Veggie Wraps
You can make a big batch of these tahini roasted veggie wraps ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for weekly meal prep made easy. Also, this tahini dressing can be added to so many different recipes like Buddha bowls, salads, falafels, and much more!
This is also a perfect on the go food, as most wraps are, so you can wrap this up in some aluminum foil, or plastic wrap and take it along with you to work, for errands or anything you wish! Also, works great packed into lunch boxes!
Another nice way to serve this is, as pinwheels. You can make a couple of these tahini roasted veggie wraps and then slice them into 1 inch thick pinwheels. Then put them on a serving tray and serve them as appetizers to your guest.￼ That’s actually a good idea that a lot of people don’t even think of, but you can actually do that with most wraps.￼
What makes the wraps so delicious?￼
￼-Tahini dressing: This is a pretty typical tahini dressing a.k.a. tahini sauce. The way I make mine is by adding some tahini into a bowl then adding lemon juice, some low sodium soy sauce, garlic powder or minced garlic clove, and water to thin out the sauce. Then I mix it all together until everything is completely combined but the tahini can be a little tricky because it may look like it’s starting to loosen up and then it gets thick again so you just have to add the water slowly a little at a time until the perfect consistency has been reached.
-Mint: This part is totally optional but it gives it a hint of freshness. You can opt out of putting mints in your rap but I would highly suggest you try it first because it makes it very delicious. It’s a different experience and a delicious one.
Tahini Roasted Veggie Wrap
- 2 cups lentils cooked
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large bunch broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
LEMON TAHINI SAUCE
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Add 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 pieces onto a baking tray along with 1 broccoli bunch cut into small florets, and 1 bell pepper, chopped. Drizzle on some olive oil , salt and pepper and massage to coat. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. For 30 minutes or until sweet potato is fork tender.
- Next add 2 cups of cooked lentils, into a large bowl, along with the zest of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp fresh parsley, and 2 tbsp fresh mint, optional and mix.
- To make the tahini dressing simple add some tahini into a small bowl, fresh lemon juice, small garlic clove, ground black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and some water, to thin it out. Once veggies are done roasting add to the lentil mix. Grab your favorite tortilla wrap, spread hummus, add filling, and drizzle on the tahini dressing. Wrap by folding the sides in, bring the bottom up, tuck in all the filling, Roll and ENJOY!