Vegan Cheesecake￼ | New York Style
Creamy, sweet deliciousness! Those are three words that a lot of people don’t believe exist in the plant-based food dictionary. Well I’m here to tell you that this New York style vegan cheesecake has all of those things. What can be more delicious than a nostalgic comforting slice of cheesecake?
I remember growing up and making cheesecake all the time. There were three main baked goods that I was good at making. One was flan, Which is a super creamy egg custard Hispanic dessert. The second was cheesecake and the last was boxed cake. Yes, you did read that right, ha ha! I was so bad at baking that my top three included a box cake, Yep. Although, I was not the best baker I could make an awesome cheesecake.
I actually have to think my friend Gloria, for this New York style vegan cheesecake recipe. A few years ago we did a YouTube video collaboration, where I made one of her recipes and she made one of mine. We gave each other a couple choices and this one automatically stood out to me because I hadn’t had cheesecake in so long. I haven’t even tried to make cheesecake, for that matter. In fact, I think I had completely dismiss the idea of having cheesecake again as a vegan. Which is why I was so excited when I saw this recipe. She no longer makes YouTube videos, but I definitely had to give her credit.
This recipe is New York style, which means it has a sweet sour cream topping. However, you don’t have to add that extra topping later if you don’t want to. Waze you can customize this recipe is by adding different toppings of your choice. One of my favorite ways to customize this recipe is by adding on some pie strawberry filling on top, with fresh cut strawberries.
Vegan Cheesecake Recipe | New York Style
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 8 oz Vegan cheese container I used Tofutti brand
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least 2 hrs
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- 1/2 cup Silken tofu
- 1 cup + 2tbsp Sugar or to taste
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 regular Keebler ready made graham cracker crust
Sour Cream Cheesecake Topping Recipe
- 9-10 whole Fresh strawberries
- 1 cup Non dairy sour cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F on convection oven setting.
- Prepare your filling by adding all of the filling ingredients to a blender and blending for about 1-2 minutes or until completely creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavorings to your liking if needed.
- Pour filling into your graham cracker crust, up to the very rim.
- For a more authentic NY style cheesecake look, use a 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Make sure to grease up all of the sides of your pan or use a long strip of parchment paper to line the sides of your pan. This helps with easier removal of your cheesecake from your pan after baking/chilling.
- You can just add the keebler crust to the bottom of your springform pan and press it down into the pan and a bit up the sides if necessary. Use some melted vegan butter to help you along if needed. Then pour your filling into your springform.**
- Once filling is added to your crust, set to bake for 40 minutes or until the top of your cheesecake begins to turn golden over the top.
- Once baking time is finished, set your cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature. Then, place in your fridge to chill for at least another hour before decorating and serving.
- **Follow same instructions if using a springform pan.** Once chilled, you can decorate by slicing strawberries in half and adding sour cream cheesecake topping.
- For topping. mix all Sour cream topping ingredients together until combined and spread over cheesecake.
- Place strawberries, onto your cheese cake topping. Serve immediately and ENJOY!