Vegan Chipotle Sandwich
This vegan chipotle sandwich is incredibly delicious! It’s saucy, creamy, spicy, messy, and satisfying. You get a whole explosion of bold flavors in every single bite. There is something truly magical about the combination of flavors in this sandwich.
I didn’t always like sandwiches. I hadn’t really explored my sandwich options until, Chris and I started dating. He has always been a huge sandwich lover. You can slab anything onto bread and he would probably like it. He’s motto when we go out to eat is “When in doubt get a sandwich” hehe. With Chris loving sandwiches and all I slowly started trying new sandwiches everywhere we went and I grew into a big fan of the sandwich too.
I am not a fan of bread on it’s own so anything sloppy and smoothed into a sandwich, I’m all for it. Going vegan did not stop me from enjoying delicious sandwiches, and I make vegan sandwiches that even my omnivore husband considers them to be at the top of all he’s sandwich list. What wife doesnt love hearing that?
Star Ingredients That Make This Sandwich Incredible
Hash Browns: Now I know that hash browns are not very common in a sandwich, but I used store bought seasoned hash browns for this recipe and I cooked them in the waffle maker to make them stick together. However, you can just use regular hash brown patties. I have done it that way and it is still amazing!
Soft Tofu: Soft tofu is used in this recipe to make that winning chipotle sauce that takes this sandwich really over the top!
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo: This is part of what you will need to mix together with the soft tofu to get that delicious sauce! You can also use vegan mayo in its place if you want, or need to substitute.
Vegan Hashbrown Chipotle Sandwich
- 5-6 Pre seasoned hashbrown patties or 3 tator tot waffles (cooked)
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu 14 oz pack
- 6 large slices of bread I used Pane Turano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Non-dairy butter for bread toasting
- 1/4 block soft tofu 14oz pack
- 2 small pieces about 2 inch chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
- 1 sundried tomato I used 2 halves, mines came halved
- 1 c. Cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper to tase
- Slice tomatoes
- 2 avocados sliced
- Vegan Mayo
- Cilantro leaves
- Add all of the chipotle sauce ingredients into the blender or food processor and blend, until spreadable smooth. Tiny pieces in the mix is fine. This sauce doesnt have to be completely smooth.
- Slice extra firm tofu into 1/4 inch slices, season of both sides with onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Place into a pan with a drizzle of oil on medium high heat and flip when golden brown. When golden brown in color, set onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Toast bread like you would when making a grilled cheese sandwich. Add a bit of non dairy butter into a large pan. Spread butter around, so the butter lightly coated the pan. Toss on your bread slices, to toast. Apply more butter when pan looks dry. Toast bread slices on both sides until golden brown.
- To assemble this beautiful sandwich, apply vegan mayo on one slice, and chipotle sauce on the other slice (use caution: this sauce is spicy). Add on seasoned hashbrowns to cover bread, top that with tofu, lettuce, tomato, sliced avocado, cilantro. Close that baby up and all the is left to do now is ENJOY!