Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These vegan chocolate peanut butter bars are a dream. These are stored in the freezer the they feel like a ice cream or frozen dessert. Also, if you didn’t catch it yet, they are made from chocolate and peanut butter. Only the best food pairing in the world! Or is it mashed potatoes and gravy?
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
1. Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chocolate alone is awesome and peanut butter is practically a major food group, so what is there not to love?
2. Frozen Treat This is practically a ice cream bar! They are frozen and enjoyed that way so you get the feeling of eating ice cream. You can also store these in the fridge but they are more fun frozen.
3.Easy So easy to make and the outcome is awesome!
4. Few Ingredients You only need a handful of ingredients to make these and you might just have them all.
•Peanut Butter Surprise! Kidding, but of course the main ingredient as you may have guess already is creamy peanut butter.
•Powdered Sugar The powdered sugar is used to sweetened everything up and the reason we use powdered sugar rather than granulated sugar is because the granulated sugar does not incorporate well enough. The powdered sugar blends into the mix perfectly!
•Graham Crackers The graham crackers while add such a delicious texture and flavor to the mix. The graham crackers makes it feel a bit more like a made treat and less like plain peanut butter.
•Chocolate Chips You need chocolate chips for the chocolate layer.
•Salt You just can’t make sweets without a pinch of salt. Salt balances out sweets and make them sweeter, but in a great way.
•Non Dairy Milk The milk is used to help the chocolate in the melting process.
•Coconut Oil The coconut oil, in this recipe is used to help hold everything together, add firmness when chilled and also a silky mouth feel.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbed
- 3/4 cup non dairy chocolate chips semi sweet
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk any
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and rest of ingredients, EXCEPT chocolate.
- Mix ingredients well, until mixture is creamy.
- Add peanut butter mixture into a 8x8 square dish and smooth out. Until the mixture looks even on the bottom of the dish.
- Melt the chocolate by using one of two methods. Place the chocolate chips and milk into a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 10 seconds at a time, mixing in between every 10 seconds, until melted and smooth. (It takes me 30secs)
- Another way to melt the chocolate is by simply placing the chocolate chips and milk in a pan on the stove and set the heat to the lowest setting possible and mix until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and smooth over top until covered and even.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until set, slice, serve and ENJOY!
- You can leave these bars in a container in the freezer or you can place them in the fridge for a softer texture.