Vegan Chorizo Crumble
This recipe for vegan chorizo crumble is so flavorful, and perfect! It has all of the delicious flavors of chorizo but its plant based.
The base for this plant based meat alternative is TVP, also known as textured vegetable protein. It looks like little pieces of bread crumbs but it’s just little dehydrated pieces of textured vegetable protein. For this recipe you will make a yummy saucy broth to rehydrate the tvp in and that is what will give you that delicious chorizo taste and the tvp will give you the texture.
One of my favorite recipes to create are plant based meats if you haven’t noticed we have a whole vegan meats category/section for them on this blog. This plant based chorizo recipe was actually very highly requested on the Veggie Rose Youtube channel. It took me a little while to figure out how exactly I wanted to make this and what I want the crumble to be be made up of. Did I want seitan, Tvp, or tofu. I finally settled on tvp because out of the three mentioned. That is the one that absorbs the most flavor and of course I want this recipe to pack a real punch.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Chorizo Crumble
1. Delicious This recipe is delicious and it really does have the taste of a yummy chorizo crumble.
2. Easy So easy to make, you can make this for any dish you like and it gets done in no time!
3. Versitility You can make this vegan chorizo for many different recipes. Like tacos, “meat” sauces, tofu scramble, etc..
4. Customizable You can any seasoning or spices to the mix that you wish. You can also removed any spice or seasoning to make it your own. You can also make it a bit spicy by adding a bit of hot sauce or cayenne pepper powder to the mix.
Vegan Chorizo Crumble
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp annato powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp poulrty seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock for a drier crumble 1/4 cup
- 1 cup TVP
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT for the TVP into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add mix into a small to medium pot and heat until the mix comes to a boil.
- Add in the TVP. Mix around and allow liquid to reduce on medium high heat covered.
- Serve with you favorite dish or over tacos and ENJOY!