Quick Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Who has time to make cinnamon rolls from scratch? OK, we might all have time to make those at some point, but in a pinch, and in a rush these quick cinnamon rolls are the perfect thing to make. You won’t be missing anything, all the flavor that you would expect in a vegan cinnamon roll will be there. Plus you get the added bonus of nuts in these cinnamon rolls. Almonds to be specific, but you can add pecans, walnuts, or any other nuts of your choice.￼￼
For this recipe I chose to go with a pre made dough. The dough which I am using is the Pillsberry crescent roll dough. This stuff is so versatile, there are so many things that you can make with these crescent roll though.￼
How to make these vegan cinnamon rolls
Step one: prepare the crescent roll though by opening up the crescent roll dough container and rolling it out flat.￼ Mix brown sugar and nuts together. Make sure nuts are roughly chopped.
Step two: mix melted vegan butter with vanilla extract. Spread butter mixture evenly all over the crescent roll though.￼￼￼ Evenly spread the brown sugar and nut mixture over the butter mixture. Onto the crescent roll dough.
Step three: roll crescent roll dough from the longest way across to the other end and cut into pinwheels across the log. You should have approximately 12 rows.
Step four: Bake cinnamon rolls.￼ Mix icing ingredients together and while cinnamon rolls are in the oven baking. Allow crescent rolls to cool down and spread on icing.
The hardest part about making cinnamon rolls from scratch is the dough. In this recipe the dough is pre made, vegan friendly, and the rest only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Quick Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped (optional)
- 1 Pilsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1-2 tbsp non dairy milk
- Pre heat oven to 375F.
- Add butter, and vanilla extract into a small bowl and mix together, till combined. Set Aside.
- Mix together the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Open Pilsbury Crescent Roll Dough, and roll out flat. Press perforations together to seal. Brush on butter mixture to entire dough sheet.
- Sprinkle on filling mix, evenly over dough and roll long ways, to form a log. Slice into 9 even rolls and add to a 8x8 inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal and cleaning, after baking. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While rolls are in the oven, make the icing. Mix powdered sugar and non dairy butter, with a fork until crumby. Pour in 1 tablespoon of non dairy milk and mix until you reach a thick icing consistency. Add a few drops at a time to thin out icing if you wish.
- Frost the cooled cinnamon rolls with the icing and ENJOY!