Easy vegan French toast
Cinnamon and vanilla extra cooking together, can’t you smell it now? Those old French toast flavors just spreading all over your home. This easy vegan French toast recipe, is the only vegan French toast recipe that you will ever need.
Whether you’re simply trying to eat more plant-based foods, cutting back on eggs and dairy, or you’re on a plant-based diet. This is the kind of recipe that won’t leave you missing anything. I have come across so many different vegan French toast recipes and every single one of them seemed over complicated. I just couldn’t understand why people were adding so many ingredients to make a basic simple French toast. That’s when I took it upon myself to create this vegan French toast recipe.
I just wanted some French toast, is that too much to ask? I didn’t want to have to go out of my way to get some sort of plant-based egg replacer or anything fancy like that. Which is why with my recipe instead of using any replacer for the egg wash. All you need is plant-based milk with some cinnamon vanilla extract, sugar, and a pinch of salt. That’s pretty much it.
The Big Mistake
That’s also followed with one very important step and this is something that a lot of people don’t realize but it’s such a little simple mistake. When you dip your bread in the wet mix, you only want to dip each side about two seconds or so. By, or so I mean definitely never more than that! Once the bread is over soaked there is no turning back, you will end up with a soggy piece of French toast. Although, it may still taste delicious, soggy is not what we are going for. Ever with French toast!
Vegan French Toast
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup flour I used all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8 Slices wheat bread or white bread if you prefer
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and add in the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat up a non stick skillet pan with a tsp of non dairy butter or coconut oil.
- In the mean time, dip a slice of bread into the mix at a time. Two seconds per side, then add into the skillet and cook each slice 2 minutes per side on medium heat or until golden brown and no longer sticks to pan.
- Cook all slice and enjoy a delicious bite!