Let’s make some vegan gingerbread cookies! YES! My favorite holiday of all time! I think, I speak for a lot of people when I say it’s Valentine’s Day! 🤣 Ok, I’m kiddin I know a lot of people hate Valentine’s Day. My real favorite has to be Christmas, but its more of my favorite season rather than just one holiday. I love all the feels from Halloween to New Year’s Day!
The holidays put me into a whole mind shift. It’s like my mind has a mind of it’s own! 🤨Um, yea. But seriously I go into full blown recipe inspo, everything I see makes me think of food and every food I see turns into a different versions of that in my mind.
This vegan gingerbread cookies recipe is a holiday favorite for me, for sure! I love that this recipe is so easy to make and can be used for different things. You only need a handful of ingredients and you have yourself dough for gingerbread men cookies, gingerbread women cookies (equality), and you can also use it to make big sheets of gingerbread cookies for gingerbread houses!
Every year before moving to Miami last year (2019) I would host a Christmas potluck party but before that I would host a smaller party for the kids. It was a gingerbread house decorating party. I would make a HUGE batch of this dough and make the gingerbread cookies the day before and assemble the houses so, the house were ready to decorate when the kids got there. All the kids loved it. I wouldn’t expect otherwise because they were using candy as art and eating a bunch of it along the way while being served hot chocolate. What’s not to love. Plus the other parents got to go home and leave the mess behind. That’s my least favorite part, but it was so worth the memories and good time!
You should totally host a gingerbread house decorating party, kids and grown ups a like will love it, just serve the grown ups some wine and your good to go!
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon slightly over flowing
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold butter non dairy
- 1/8 cup molasses
- Pre Heat oven to 325F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, flour, sugar, and spices together. Mix well until all combined. You can use a fork, you hands, or a mixer but a mixer is not required for this recipe.
- Next cut in the butter until crumbly and combined.
- Add in the molasses and the vanilla extract and knead or mix dough until it becomes just combined. DO NOT over work dough.
- Roll out dough onto floured surface and cut into desired cookie shapes or into gingerbread houses.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the very bottoms are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy a delicious bite!