Vegan Holiday Roast | Cauliflower
It’s that time of year again, holiday season! This vegan holiday roast is made with cauliflower and it is the perfect centerpiece for your holiday dinner table. This recipe with some of my delicious vegan gravy on the side is amazing!
When the holidays come around my mind does a complete 360. It’s like a holiday timer goes off and all I can think of, day and night or holiday recipes. Imagine an alarm clock, that explodes recipe inspiration confetti when it goes off! That’s Rose holiday brain. I mean don’t get me wrong I am thinking of recipes all the time, heck sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just to jot something down on my iPad because I thought of a recipe at 3:30 AM.
The difference is, holiday recipes are A bit more intense. I’m willing to spend a little more time in the kitchen and also willing to prep a few more ingredients. Just because it’s the holiday season and this time only comes around what time of year.
This vegan holiday roast is perfect if you want to keep your holiday table completely plant-based without any added meat alternatives. It’s also great if you simply want to cut back on animal products, have multiple holiday roasts or are like me and are not too fond of vegan meat alternatives. If you’re familiar with my recipes you know that last statement may have sound Strange. Seeing as, so many of my recipes are vegan meat alternatives. My vegan meat alternative recipe spree all started with my vegetarian son’s meat alternative obsession. Then I started to share those recipes, and so many people also loved them. So, you see one thing led to another, a bunch of meat alternative recipe later. And here we are.
What would this vegan holiday roast go well with? Pretty much every holiday table side dish, but I’ll name a few…
- Mashed potatoes￼
- Green bean casserole
- Corn on the cob
…and pretty much everything in between that you can think of for your holiday table.
Vegan Holiday Roast
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 2/3 cup veg broth
- 1 cup Brown Gravy
- Optional: Some carrots and potatoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower head and cut stem carefully so it can sit flat. Place cauliflower in a large roasting pan or oven safe pot.
- Mix lemon juice and veg stock together and drizzle over the cauliflower.
- Mix the following together in a small mixing bowl, Black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, minced garlic, butter, parsley, and sage. Mix until everything becomes a paste and this will serve as our rub.
- Rub the rub mix all over the cauliflower as you would with any roast.
- (optional) Add chopped carrots and potatoes around the sides of the roast.
- Cover the roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil, tightly.
- Place into the oven for one hour covered.
- After an hour remove the roast from the oven and pour gravy over top.
- Place roast back into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Have a delicious bite.