Vegan Korean Beef
This vegan korean beef recipe is so tasty and easy to make. This has quickly become a staple in our household. You can. make this recipe as a dinner or as a meal prep. I personally love to make this recipe and store it as meal prep for eating it as lunch during the week, it’s super easy to reheat and serve over some white rice or some noodles.
How easy is this vegan Korean beef to make?
Making this recipe is very easy and can be whipped up in under 20 minutes. I would go as far as to say that you can make this vegan korean beef in 10 minutes, if your a quick food prepper.
How to use this as meal prep
If you want to use this recipe as part of a meal prep you would cook it as you would normally cook it according to the recipe and then you can store it in a airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Beyond 3 days I would personally feel more comfortable freezing the dish, just to be on the food safety side of things.
How to make it even more tasty
You can make this dish even more delicious by adding a drizzle of soy sauce, hot chili pepper oil, and agave for extra sweetness. This is all optional and would just enhance all of the flavors in the vegan korean beef if you wanted it more savory, spicy or sweet. The original recipe is a baseline and add these extras are more of a customizable to taste option.
Do I need any special ingredients?
The only “special” ingredient you would need is plant based ground meat, to use as your ground meat alternative. Other then that sesame oil, may be a special ingredient if you don’t already have it on hand, but it can be found in most big box supermarkets.
Vegan Korean Beef
- 1/2 package plant based beefless grounds I used Gardien
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp minced ginger fresh
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for sauteing
- Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil into a pan and heat to medium high heat. Add in chopped onion and saute for 3-4 minutes or until translucent and soft. Next add in the plant based beefless ground meat and add water. Cook for approximately 7-10 minutes or time suggested by package.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by mixing sesame oil, minced garlic, vegetable oil, soy sauce, minced ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, and crushed red pepper together, until when blended together.
- Pour sauce over plant based grounds, mix, and serve over white rice or noodles.