Vegan Pound Cake
There is something so comforting and nostalgic about a beautiful slice of pound cake. Not to sweet, no extra whistles. No hidden agenda, just a beautiful vegan pound cake in its natural form and oh how delicious it is. Right?
This pound cake recipe was tweaked to perfection! When you make this recipe, you’re going to have trouble waiting for it to cool down lol. I recommended waiting but I, myself can never wait until it has cooled down completely so, I won’t judge you, if you don’t judge me!
Pound cake has always been my favorite cake because I don’t really have a sweet tooth and pound is perfect because there is no unnecessary frosting, that I would have to scrap off. This recipe is easy and you can’t tell the difference between this and a “regular” pound cake. Which is awesome because I love food that just taste like the stuff I was used to.
My mom has always been a huge fan of poundcake, so I remember growing up and sharing slices of poundcake with her. I remember specifically sitting in the indoor porch looking out the window, when my mom sipped on her little cup of coffee and would eat some sort of sweets on the side. Sometimes the sweets would be cookies and a lot of times these sweets would be poundcake. I was never mad about that, I love poundcake, but doesn’t everyone?
Can I customize this recipe?￼
Yes of course, one are my favorite ways to customize this recipe is by adding in some lemon zest. Another thing you can do is add some fruits into the mix, like strawberries or blueberries for example. You can also make a glaze to pour over top. I haven’t come up with a poundcake specific glaze yet, but one is in the works. Any plain vegan friendly cake glaze or donut glaze would work.
Vegan Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup blended silken tofu blend to get the perfect measurement
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 plain soy yogurt
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup all purpose flour no substituting
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth and blended.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients and then add them into the wet ingredients and blend on low speed until mixed in (to avoid a powder cloud) then speed up mixer and mix for roughly 90 seconds or until the batter thickens a bit from all ingredients being blended together.
- Add batter to a greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minute or until a tooth pick comes out clean and not gooey from the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then use a knife to trace the edges of the pound cake to separate from pan. Remove from pan and place right side up on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Depending on your patience. All that is left to do now is ENJOY!