This pumpkin vegan alfredo sauce is cream, rich and savory! You only need 6 ingredients and you are likely to have those already. Not to mention, how easy and quick it is to make! I’ve feed this to my meat eater husband and he claims it taste like chicken. :Shrugs: If he says so!
I’ve been making vegan Alfredo sauce for years, all I really did was add some pumpkin purée to the original vegan Alfredo recipe and ended up with this beauty. I’m so glad I decided to try adding the pumpkin purée, because it turned out to be a hit with the whole family. Even the little picky ones!
Here’s Why You’ll This Pumpkin Vegan Alfredo
•Super Easy: This vegan pumpkin alfredo sauce, literally takes 10 minutes to make and while the sauce is making you can set the pasta to boil. Which shouldn’t take longer then 10 minutes either.
•6 Ingredients: Yes you heard right, this sauce is made up, of only 6 ingredients. Chances are you have most, if not all the ingredients in your kitchen already.
•Kid Friendly: Kids love this recipe! It’s a yummy, creamy, and pasta is a very easy dish, even for picky eaters
•Thick and creamy
•Only a handful of ingredients
•Tastes like chicken, according to my meat eating husband
•Perfect for fall
•Comforting and bold
How to Make Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Boil pasta at the same time. Set your pasta to boil ￼￼before you start the sauce. That way, the pasta is ready to go into the sauce as soon as the sauce is done.
Now let’s make the pumpkin alfredo sauce. Make a rue with butter, flour, and plant based milk. Whisk it all up. At this point the rue will not be too thick. Whisk in the pumpkin purée and this is when it begins to really thicken up.
Note This starts to bubble and splash pretty quickly after adding in the pumpkin purée so, lower heat and be careful not to get burned.
My recipe I decided to keep it basic, because I just wanted to show the sauce recipe, but you can add in different ingredients to make it even more filling, or to just add more nutrients.
•Spinach:This can add some color, fiber, and extra nutrients to the recipe.
•Kale: Same deal as with the spinach. It can add some needed greens and nutrients.
•Frozen mixed veggies: A nice carrot, peas, and corn frozen mix would make a already delicious recipe, even more tasty!
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions. Save some of the pasta water in case you want to thin out the alfredo sauce.
- Melt butter to a large pan, over medium high heat. Add in minced garlic, cook for one minute, then add in flour and mix until golden blonde color is reached.
- Slowly whisk in almond milk a little at a time, until all milk has been well incorporated. Add the milk in slowly to prevent clumping. If, sauce is too thick for your liking you can add in a splash of the pasta water you saved.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, add salt and pepper to taste and toss in the cooked fettuccine pasta. Toss gently, until pasta is coated. Serve and ENJOY!