Keep calm and eat vegan quiche! I have always loved to make and eat quiche. The fact that you can just throw a bunch of ingredients into a quiche and it turn out awesome, is my favorite part of it all. Before going vegan I would make quiche every single Saturday morning. That what started the weekend for the family and I. We would enjoy this delicious hardy recipe for breakfast and we would usually also have it for lunch. So needless to say, I had to come up with a vegan quiche recipe soon after becoming vegan.
You can customize this recipe in so many ways. You can add plant based cheese, different veggies, plant based bacon, tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, plant based sausage, asparagus, mushrooms. Do I need to go on? Lol because the options are endless, I mean seriously though! If you can get your hand on plant based pepperoni, that would be amazing!
What is Besan flour?
The main ingredient in this vegan quiche, is Besan flour. At this time you may be wondering, what in the world is Besan flour? Besan flour is also known as, chickpea flour. You can make so many awesome things with this. One of my favorites to make with the Besan flour, other then vegan quiche is vegan omelettes. It’s such a perfect ingredient and if you add some black salt, which has a eggy sulphur taste you won’t miss the real egg at all!
Once you make this recipe a few times you can easily start to eye ball the water to flour ratio. At that point making this becomes even more relaxed because you can just make it as you would a regular quiche without measuring anything. This can easily become your regular weekend breakfast as well. Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🙂
Easy Vegan Quiche
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cup broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 of 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 3 handfuls on spinach
- 1 tbsp oil vegetable or coconut oil (for sautéing)
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion, and pepper, using oil. Cook on medium high heat until translucent.
- Add in the broccoli, mix and cook until slightly tender.
- Following that, add in the spinach. Break spinach up into smaller pieces with your hands as you toss it into the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of water to pan to help the spinach wilt faster.
- Once the spinach has reduced, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the tomatoes.
- Mix batter well, and add in the sautéed veggies along with the chopped tomato.
- Transfer mixture into a cast iron skillet or into a greased 9 inch pie dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, let set for 5 minutes once removed from the oven and enjoy a delicious bite.