Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms
Who doesn’t love a good ol’ stuffed mushroom? This vegan stuffed mushrooms recipe is out of this world. The savory, umami flavor of the mushroom, combined with the delicious toasted nutty flavor of the walnuts, is unbelievable. It does contain walnuts, but that is totally optional is you can’t eat them or just don’t want to add them!
This recipe is perfect for any time of year but I especially love it during the holidays. You can make these for your holiday dinner table and everyone will love them so, make sure you make a big batch if you are sharing these with a few people. Whenever I make these it’s hard for me to even let these cool down! I’m going in and possibly burning my month in the process, but it is so worth it lol.
Why you’ll love these vegan stuffed mushrooms
These are amazing, done! Kiddin’, here’s why.
•Savory: These stuffed mushrooms are as savory as it gets, we all know mushrooms are known for there umami savory flavor, but the ingredient combination in this recipe, just takes it all over the top.
•Crowd Pleaser: Perfect for hosting, wether it’s a holiday party or not, these will be a smash hit!
•Easy to Make: So much easier to make then it seems.
•Minimal Ingredients: You most likely have most of the ingredients need to make this recipe and if you don’t, the ingredients needed can be found everywhere.
These are just very simple ingredients and it’s just a handful.
Mushrooms:For this recipe, I like to use baby portobello mushrooms, but you can use the regular large portobello mushrooms, or button mushrooms.
Sliced Bread: I use sliced wheat bread but you can use any bread you like. You can also use, baguette, or any other bread roll. ￼
Walnuts: I’ve tried this recipe with a few different nuts and I still think, walnuts are the best choice for this dish.
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz Baby portobello mushrooms you can also use baby portobello or button mushrooms
- 4 Slices bread I used whole wheat, lightly broken up
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Pre heat oven 375F.
- Prep mushrooms by removing stems and cleaning with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Place mushrooms onto a greased baking tray.
- Drizzle soy sauce into mushrooms and rub into rib with hands.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything is turned into the consistency of large-ish bread crumbs.
- Taking spoonfuls of the filling, fill the mushrooms and pack them in by pressing with your hands.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and place back into the oven. Cook for another 10-15 or until the mushrooms are cooked and very fork tender.
- Remove from oven let set for 5 minutes and serve for a delicious bite.