Vegan Stuffed Shells | Spinach Ricotta
These vegan stuffed shells are rich, creamy, delicious, and easy to make! Yes, a creamy plant based dish. We have a bunch here on the Veggie Rose Blog. A few of those linked below, so you can check out later.
Have I told you how much I love pasta? No? Well, I’m Rose and I love pasta, nice to meet you! I can eat pasta everyday and not have a single problem with that.
Why You’ll Love These Vegan Stuffed Shells
1. Creaminess The creaminess in this vegan pasta is quite unreal if I must say so myself. Rich, creamy and so comforting. There is this myth that vegan dishes can’t be creamy. This pasta dish is here to prove that myth wrong.
2. Easy To Make You just get the pasta cooking and mix together the “ricotta” filling and that’s pretty much all the hands work you need to do. It does go into the oven for a few minutes but lets face it. The oven is the one doing the work. You get to sit back and start getting that plate ready.
How Do You Make It?
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F. Easy Breezy!
Step 2: In a pan, saute onion using oil until soft. Toss all ingredients in EXCEPT pasta and sauce, into a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Pour 3-4 tbsp of marinara sauce into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish.
Step 4: Fill the pasta shells with the tofu mix and place into the baking dish side be side.Pour the remaining marinara sauce over top.Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve:Remove from oven and ENJOY!
Vegan Stuffed Shells | “Ricotta” Spinach
- 7 oz soft tofu half a 14oz tub
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 14-16 large pasta shells cooked till aldente and cooled
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan, saute onion using oil until soft.
- Toss all ingredients EXCEPT pasta and sauce, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp of marinara sauce into the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish.
- Fill the pasta shells with the tofu mix and place into the baking dish side be side.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and ENJOY!