Vegan Turkey Cutlets
These vegan turkey cutlets are perfect for any Thanksgiving table, but especially great for a vegan or vegetarian Thanksgiving. These are jam packed, with bold delicious flavors of the season.￼ you will love these and everyone else will you! This recipe contains no plant-based meat alternatives, this is a whole foods Thanksgiving flavored patty.￼￼
Why you will love these￼
These vegan turkey cutlets are not just good for the Thanksgiving table, this recipe has many different uses.
• A Whole Foods￼ alternative to the usual plant-based meats￼￼
￼• Quick and easy to make
• Can also be used to make sandwiches
• You can roll them into balls and use in a fall meatball sub style sandwich
This recipe goes well with all of the usual Thanksgiving dishes. I love it most with some mashed potatoes and gravy. But any holiday dish you decide to pay this up with will be delicious. This is not just a Thanksgiving dish, you can make this anytime of the year. However, it is dressed in its formal holiday attire ready for a holiday party.￼￼￼￼
I remember the first year I made this recipe, it was the same year that I hosted my first Thanksgiving on my own. All of the attendees were regular meat eaters and everyone enjoyed these very much. I know what you’re thinking, “how did you get all those meat eaters to go to a vegan hosted Thanksgiving?”. Here’s the answer, I promised them delicious food and told them they would be happy at the end of the meal.￼￼￼ Maybe I’m just very lucky, but my family is very supportive of my vegan food. I also guess it helps that I make delicious food and not the typical vegan salads and smoothies.￼ No shade towards me and salads and smoothies I like those at all, but I just can’t see myself eating that every day all day.￼
PS. Happy holidays!￼
Vegan Turkey Cutlets
- 1 can chickpeas drained and mashed or blended in the food processor
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 2 1/2 tbsp water, let sit for 10 mins
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl add in all ingredients mix together well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into patties/cutlets.
- To a non stick pan add 1 tbsp of vegetable to, just to lightly coat the bottom.
- Add in the cutlets at a medium high heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes or until they have become golden brown.